Saturday, May 19, 2018

There is more than one right answer

I don't know about you but I get very suspicious of those who tell me there is one right way to do something. When I was younger I might have been more accepting of the idea of one right path. In fact, I at one time was convinced I had the right answer to issues around my work. Lucky for me I grew into a position where I was lucky enough to implement my "right plan". I was also very lucky to have people around me who agreed with me that the path was right, but there were also many parallel paths that worked and all of the paths took as ultimately to the same end. I also was able to listen and grew because of that experience. 

There's always more than one right answer, path, possibility, nuance, or flavor - so insist upon none. 

Insisting on details always limits you, I know this from experience, and I now look at the end result and focus on the big picture. Details are important, but the exact details may have to change so we can adjust, and enjoy the ride. Life is good. So I will have some more Purple Moonbeam Chocolate, please 

No comments:

Post a Comment